This museum, with its collection of artifacts,
was brought together sometime after the war
by a farmer from the nearby village
of Bussiares, located to the north of Hill 142.
Very little is known about him, or his museum.
He filled it with artifacts which he collected himself
from Belleau Wood and the surrounding fields.
He was considered somewhat strange by his
neighbors at that time, because of his interest
in relics of the battlefields.
The museum did not survive the second invasion by the
German Army through this region in June of 1940.